Zen Large Sand Pendulum
Dimensions (mm): 1870 high x 800 diameter base.
Product Materials: Stainless Steel, Stainless Steel Rope, River Sand.
Product Finish: Brushed stainless steel finish.
The Zen large sand pendulum is an enigma. It’s undefinable.
But let’s try to explain something about it.
What is the Zen large sand pendulum?
- It’s art.
- It’s meditation piece.
- It’s a mathematical expression.
- It’s a sculpture.
- It’s a never ending canvass.
- It’s tall and significant.
- It’s engaging and addictive.
- It’s an expression of physics and geometry.
- It’s passive.
- It’s thought provoking.
- It’s the ultimate in achieving calm and being in the moment.
- It’s a really cool thing that can sit in the corner of a lounge or office.
- It’s unique and quite difficult to explain.
What does the Zen large sand pendulum provide?
- It provides calmness.
- It provides a sense of “being in the moment” (mindfulness to use the buzz term).
- It provides an avenue to engage with physics and mathematics – who doesn’t want that??
- It provides you with a beautiful, large, interesting artefact in your home (workspace) that will encourage discussion and connection.
- It provides you with an opportunity to refocus and regroup when things get the better of you.
- It provides a series of beautiful memories – just for you or those close to you.
What does the Zen sand pendulum do?
- You start it off by pushing the weighted point which is touching the sand.
- The weighted point will swing around and around and around.
- This will create a series of beautiful patterns in the sand.
- The pendulum will look like it’s going to slow down and run out of motion.
- Then it will do the most amazing thing and turn on itself and start opening out again.
- It will keep doing this, thus increasing the complexity of the patterns it makes in the sand.
- It will keep on going for ages.
- It will eventually run out of energy and stop.
- You then can push it again and generate entirely new patterns based on the angle used to start it off.
- You then just stare and watch the tip of the pendulum and the patterns in the sand.
- Stare and watch, stare and look, stare and wonder, stare and think.
Get the idea? It’s an enigma like we said.
This large sand pendulum is on a different plane. It will be your life long companion.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have specific questions or requests.
Notes based on our experiences and observations.
- Children get so excited about the patterns this large sand pendulum makes. They just go crazy.
- Adults get excited on the inside, but don’t want to look silly, so they keep things under wraps and try and look cool. Unless they’re with kids, then they get excited too!
Delivery and lead time
We pride ourselves on our transparency and honesty, so we’d like to explain our delivery options in this same manner. Find out more about our delivery options.
Delivery method: Client Pick-Up (free); Delivery to Your Door Organised by PodMarket (invoiced separately); Delivery Organised by Client
Lead time: Approximately 4-6 weeks.
Design: PodMarket Pty Ltd.
Made in Melbourne.
Sustainability is our essence, not just a tag line.
Good Design is sustainable. Minimal materials, cleverly put together, avoiding unnecessary production and waste. Well crafted designs that last a long time, because if you buy cheap you pay twice, and so does the environment.