So what are the Podmarket Design Principles? What do we stand for? What do we always strive to achieve?
The listing below drives us and guides our design thinking regardless of whether we are designing a single piece of furniture or an entire passive house building or accomodation complex. Our design principles mean everything to us, and reside behind everything that we do. We state each design principle below in an effort to further communicate with you our clients, and try to explain why we do what we do and why we are who we are.
We are PodMarket. We always try to design better. We always try to improve and do better. This is what we stand for. This is what we believe and base our business on. These are our overriding design principles.
- Design special products that people desire and really want to keep and use for many, many years.
- Design for sustainable fabrication and use: that is, minimise energy use during fabrication, minimise energy use in products that require ongoing power (like houses and other buildings), avoid waste, avoid toxic chemicals where possible, use materials that require minimal upkeep over time, use materials that last for a long time, design for the future, not for short term gain.
- Manufacture these products to very high standards to allow people to use and enjoy them for many, many years.
- Don’t add to the plethora of poorly designed and manufactured items which are used for a minimal periods of time prior to being disposed of and never thought of again.
- Eliminate the use of toxic materials and processes throughout our manufactured products.
- Utilise sustainably sourced raw materials as well as recycled and biodegradable ones where possible.
- Design products that are minimalistic at their core, in the sense that they are not at all wasteful in their usage of precious raw materials. Place the focus back on the design process, to try and perfect the design itself.
- Offer various methods of delivery/shipping to provide customers with alternatives to traditional bulky and wasteful shipping practices.