Luxe Scatter Cushions
Now for something different. Pure silk and beautiful Danish wool fabrics, mixed to produce surprising splashes of colour for your lounge. Our Luxe scatter cushions are made just for you. Every cushion is a true, one-off.
Our scatter cushions are typically wrapped in feather and fiber around a soft-ish foam core, for increased comfort and conformity to your body position, as well as providing long term durability. Alternatively, we’re happy to produce full “down cushions” for that extra luxurious experience. Just let us know what you desire, and we will produce the perfect cushions to meet your needs. Below, we’ve listed a few key things that all potential clients need to know before they make there cushions selections.
Made entirely in Melbourne by the same upholsterers we use to make our high quality sofas, our scatter cushions are sure to impress and set off your lounge area with that touch of colour you’re aiming for.
Key Things to Know re Scatter Cushions”
- The outside cover is important aesthetically, but what’s inside the cushion counts just as much regarding comfort, support, durability and cost.
- Interior option 1: Full foam core. Various densities are available. Higher density foam results in a “harder” cushion which will inevitably bounce back more readily to its original shape. Lower density foam results in a softer feel but isn’t as responsive.
- Interior option 2: Polyester fiber-fill. These cushion inserts are typically softer than their pure foam counterparts and are also usually less expensive. Generally easy to clean with good bounce back. Ideal in heavy traffic (ie: children, pets etc).
- Interior Option 3: Down and Feather. This is the high end. Luxury with the price-tag to match. Pure down is the feather section of the duck or goose minus the quill. Feather relates to the entire feather from the duck of goose itself. This option results in the softest and most conforming cushioning experience available. Down and feather is not very responsive however re ‘bounce-back’ and tends to flatten out over time.
- **Interior Option 4**: Our typical and preferred cushion manufacturing technique – a combination insert of a small, medium density foam core, entirely wrapped in feather and fiber. We believe that this combination provides the advantages of all the previous 3 options whilst minimising the negative aspects of each. It also provides a significantly more cost effective alternative to a pure down and feather cushion.
Delivery and lead time
We pride ourselves on our transparency and honesty, so we’d like to explain our delivery options in this same manner. Find out more about our delivery options.
Delivery method: Pickup (metro Melbourne), or we organise delivery and invoice you separately or client organises delivery themselves
Lead time: Approximately 2-4 weeks. Depending on selected cover availability.
Available in numerous sizes and styles to suit your needs.
Our scatter cushions are all feather wrapped for increased comfort and comformity to your body position.
Made entirely in Melbourne by the same upholsterers we use to make our high quality sofas, our scatter cushions are sure to impress and set off your lounge and bedroom areas with that touch of colour and sophistication you're aiming for.
Please contact us with you desired specifications and requirements and we'll handle the rest.
Scatters shown are for a recently completed fit out in Ocean Grove, Victoria. Minimalist styling using neutral colours with an ocean theme were requested by these international clients.
Sustainability is our essence, not just a tag line.
Good Design is sustainable. Minimal materials, cleverly put together, avoiding unnecessary production and waste. Well crafted designs that last a long time, because if you buy cheap you pay twice, and so does the environment.